Wednesday, February 04, 2009

RTE visits Tuam Library as part of One Book, One Tuam initiative.

On Tuesday 20th January, RTE filmed some of the workshops taking place as part of ‘One Book, One Tuam…From Tuam to Terabithia’ for The Den. Midi Corcoran of Earwig Arts Festival performed a drama workshop with the children. Midi read from ‘Bridge to Terabithia’ and the children acted out scenes from the book. Leo Moran from the Sawdoctors talked to the children about how much he enjoyed the books and sang some of the songs included in the book.
As it was the day of Barack Obama’s inauguration, it was interesting that these songs included ‘This land is your land’ and ‘Free to be, you and me’

‘This land is your land …
‘Nobody living can ever stop me
As I go walking,That freedom highway
Nobody living can make me turn back
This land was made for you and me…

And also ‘Free to Be You and Me…

‘I see a land bright and clear
And the time’s coming near
When we’ll live in this land
You and me, hand in hand…

Workshops will continue in the library over the next few weeks. A website has also been created for the project http://www.onebookonetuam.com/

No comments: